Another wolf...

Have you caught a monster fish? If so, tell us about it. You may post your monster fish photo(s) here but please remember the above photo submission rules.

Moderators: Baetis, SumpinWong

Post Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:09 pm

Another wolf...

Got out this morning with Sumpinwong. Third cast of the morning I missed a fish on a swim bait, a little later Sumpinwong missed one on a spinner and I started to think oh no we blew our chances. Shortly after that Sumpinwong did sumpinright and landed this 40 incher for his first musky...

Post Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:26 pm

Well, let's not stop there :wink:
I have a couple more pictures of that Volkswagen!

Post Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:52 pm

Sweet!
Great job sumpinwong.
Great pics to go along with it.

Post Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:40 pm

That thing had some horrifying teeth, i'm glad my lure made it out in one piece :shock:

Post Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:42 pm

SumpinWong wrote:Well, let's not stop there :wink:
I have a couple more pictures of that Volkswagen!

How come in both of those pics you could be blind folded with dental floss...

Post Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:21 pm

Could it be that I'm 1/2 Asian? LOL
Or, may it was what you told me to say as you snapped the picture? I've never had a photographer tell me to say.. " I eat XXXXX" before they snapped my picture! :wink:

What ever the story is, I had fun and that's all that matters :)

Post Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:06 pm

look on your face says it all.

love that feeling!

congrats brother

Post Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:22 am

who's gonna put me on a fish like that? blackie, you get credit for my first centre pin steel, you wanna add to that? get the dog and lets go. i'm crashing at your house. nice fish 1/2 asian dude named brian, that's just funny sorry.
cb

Post Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:51 pm

Cornbread wrote:who's gonna put me on a fish like that? blackie, you get credit for my first centre pin steel, you wanna add to that? get the dog and lets go. i'm crashing at your house. nice fish 1/2 asian dude named brian, that's just funny sorry.
cb

Let's go buddy, I'll guide you, you can use my custom stick with a shark tooth in the fighting butt if chinky ever finishes it...I just wanna see a steelheadwayne lookalike holding a 40" boss...

Post Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:26 pm

blackie wrote:Let's go buddy, I'll guide you, you can use my custom stick with a shark tooth in the fighting butt if chinky ever finishes it...I just wanna see a steelheadwayne lookalike holding a 40" boss...

Chinky?
I heard someone say that it takes a loooong time to build a rod. I wonder just how long that can be? And a shark tooth in the fighting butt... well, that has to add a few more weeks to it, easily :wink:

As for the Musky themselves... words can't explain it!
Imagine the biggest Steelhead you've ever caught.. now multiply the fighting/pull power times 50. That might get ya close. They fight like they have 4x4 fins or something. Steelhead fight and run hard, but nothing comparabl to a Musky. I'm hooked!

Chinky ... what a clown! :lol:

Post Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:45 am

SumpinWong wrote:
blackie wrote:Let's go buddy, I'll guide you, you can use my custom stick with a shark tooth in the fighting butt if chinky ever finishes it...I just wanna see a steelheadwayne lookalike holding a 40" boss...

Chinky?
I heard someone say that it takes a loooong time to build a rod. I wonder just how long that can be? And a shark tooth in the fighting butt... well, that has to add a few more weeks to it, easily :wink:

As for the Musky themselves... words can't explain it!
Imagine the biggest Steelhead you've ever caught.. now multiply the fighting/pull power times 50. That might get ya close. They fight like they have 4x4 fins or something. Steelhead fight and run hard, but nothing comparabl to a Musky. I'm hooked!

Chinky ... what a clown! :lol:

Dude, that fish wasn't even big by muskie standards and he pulled drag on a buttoned down bait caster with 30lb braid. Steelhead are more jittery when they fight and jump a bunch more, but muskies are just raw power.

Post Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:14 pm

puff puff pass the powerbait :shock: i'm game. i'm using someone elses gear though.
cb

Post Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:19 pm

I did see this Pics before!! WOW!!!!

I had a failed hook set on a BIG fish Fly casting for Musky 2x now.. The first was the fault of the Knot for it slipped.. I didnt tie it.

Next trip I was navigating the Boat to where I saw it roll and the 2nd was all my fault, not paying attention... Dinking around...

Same day, an Hour later my buddy and I were still at it when a HUGE fish darted out left to right and zip... No more fly.. went through 50lb Flouro like it was butter..

Site Admin

Post Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:46 am

We have to go Musky fishin'
Last edited by Woodland Rivers on Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Site Administrator
Woodland Rivers
"Go W/ The Drift and Fish On!"

Post Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:23 am

My Schedule

Ice Out Pike in the Shallows Mar / Apr
Bass and Pike Apr / May
Bass HEAVY in the shallows May / June
Pike and Musky in the weedbeds June/ Aug
Pike back in the shallows Sept / Oct

All on Flys........
Next