Post Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:36 pm

Halloween on the Mighty Clinton: steel on the reel!

Happy Halloween Anglers! We are having a typical end of October weather pattern here in SE Michigan....rain, sleet, snow and high winds. Most of you know I do not care to much for fishing in the rain but the river was calling and there was little pressure today. After tying up some new fly designs decided to hit the river by 1:30 or so. Only had a few as I had to get to the post office to deliver some flies. Anyway, the water was still low but nice grey skies with a decent stain. Could not fish my typical section of water as there was a few anglers so decided to walk down a bit to fishy water number 2. On the 7th cast a nice dunk followed by a breached summersaulted silver buck. The water is cooling down and the fish are there if you can locate them...this fish actually took both flies. One in the corner of the mouth and the other on his tongue. Special thanks to Mark Carlson and Chris for coming down to help out and to snap some pics! The Fish may be especially SPOOKY this Halloween but the right cast and presentation may just pay off. Best of action out there and again Happy Halloween and weekend!

The CATCH & The RELEASE:

unnamed.jpg
unnamed.jpg (194.19 KiB) Viewed 3812 times

clinton buck.jpg
clinton buck.jpg (195.78 KiB) Viewed 3808 times
Site Administrator
Woodland Rivers
"Go W/ The Drift and Fish On!"