Paint Creek Catch & Release Petition

Rivers and streams of Michigan. You may want to include in your report the date you fished, water temperature, flow rate, water conditions, effective baits or fly patterns, fish saught, fish caught, total time fishing and was it fair, good or excellent. Fish On!

Moderators: Baetis, Salmon'n'Steelhead Addict

Paint Creek Catch & Release (From Tienken to Main St)

Yah
75%
Nay
19%
Maybe
2%
Not Sure At This Time
4%

Total votes : 57

Site Admin

Post Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:58 pm

Re: Paint Creek Catch & Release Petition

Steve,

Thanks for your vote and I agree with you. Perhaps the best way to get more public attention is to create a statement or two concerning this issue as more on why you are pro C&R or Gear Restricted. We will most likely need signatures, opinions and an active panel at a later date I would imagine. Again, apparently the DNR will not revisit this issue until 2016 so we as anglers and others feel it may be important to be proactive now!
Site Administrator
Woodland Rivers
"Go W/ The Drift and Fish On!"

Post Tue May 13, 2014 12:08 pm

Paint creek should definitely be catch and release only. I'm all in on this debate

Post Fri May 16, 2014 2:16 am

By turning the Paint into a C&R stream we can hopefully build up a strong native population reducing the need for stocking and guaranteeing larger fish. Granted it may be a long road to a self sustaining population but I believe it is well worth it. Besides wild trout are much more fun to catch too.

Post Fri May 16, 2014 7:35 am

great idea - keep up the pressure!

Post Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:02 am

If anyone catches the giant 20 inch plus brown with a white and yellow Panther Martin hanging out of the side of his mouth let me know, I would love to get my lure back. Watching the fish jump 3 feet out of the water within an arms reach was the most satisfying heart break I've ever encountered on paint creek. Have a great season
Previous

Return to Michigan Rivers Report