Ausable fall/winter/ and early spring thus far

Rivers and streams of Michigan. You may want to include in your report the date you fished, water temperature, flow rate, water conditions, effective baits or fly patterns, fish saught, fish caught, total time fishing and was it fair, good or excellent. Fish On!

Moderators: Baetis, Salmon'n'Steelhead Addict

Post Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:16 pm

Ausable fall/winter/ and early spring thus far

Started fishing Ausable in the fall started hooking up pretty good during Thanksgiving and then I got pretty slow around Christmas and start to pick back up around or be mid February and from then on its phenomenal fishing no crowds not too many people on the river until as of late! Early fall it was mostly spawn then we went turn the winter turned into wax worms were hot fall coming days were 3 to 4 hookups landing a few winter was slower and picking up maybe three fish a day then from about March we were picking up 10 to 20 Fish day. Gave up fishing the Clinton River because of the crowds don't really like dealing with them and not too many fish in the fall. I have a lot of go pro video of catches to edit if I ever learn how there really cool videos underwater video of fish fighting. I dunno how to upload pics anymore I only really use cell phone now a days or i would put some pics up this site is not very cell phone friendly but tight lines

Site Admin

Post Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:34 pm

Re: Ausable fall/winter/ and early spring thus far

Thank you for the great report and we will look into making this site more cell phone compatible. If you do find time to get on a lab top or desk top would love to see your pics! :)
Site Administrator
Woodland Rivers
"Go W/ The Drift and Fish On!"

Return to Michigan Rivers Report