PM 4/7/14

Rivers and streams of Michigan. You may want to include in your report the date you fished, water temperature, flow rate, water conditions, effective baits or fly patterns, fish saught, fish caught, total time fishing and was it fair, good or excellent. Fish On!

Moderators: Baetis, Salmon'n'Steelhead Addict

Post Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:08 pm

PM 4/7/14

Made a quick dash up to Baldwin for the day, the weather was beautiful and sunny, and it only took a few minutes of walking the bank before the ideas of fishing the deep holes vanished from my head. Standing up on the high banks looking down at the fish fighting for the prime position was fast lived before I was just about running to the river, what a change of pace from the Clinton fishing we've been enduring over past few weeks. The name of the game was finding a good redd with a deep hole behind it, if you left the hens alone you could fish the hole for hours

Found a nice guy to net this one for me and take a pic

Did a little swinging in the afternoon, and got this beautiful brown to show for it, a few steelhead came to my fly but none of them stuck, maybe it was my inexperience with setting the hook swinging, it a lot different than on a Indy rig. PS that's a 5 inch intruder in its mouth

Site Admin

Post Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:30 pm

Re: PM 4/7/14

Great report and wonderful fish...thanks for the post!
Site Administrator
Woodland Rivers
"Go W/ The Drift and Fish On!"

Return to Michigan Rivers Report