Clinton 1/11

Rivers and streams of Michigan. You may want to include in your report the date you fished, water temperature, flow rate, water conditions, effective baits or fly patterns, fish saught, fish caught, total time fishing and was it fair, good or excellent. Fish On!

Moderators: Baetis, Salmon'n'Steelhead Addict

Post Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:07 pm

Clinton 1/11

Hit clinton this am went 0-1 on a nice chromer managed a 14 in brown which was nice to see nice healthy fish. Water clear need some tint.[/img]

Post Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:14 pm

Hey man hows it goin? Haven't heard from you ina while... Yah thats the problem this time of year especially on the clinton, water is too clear. I can almost guarentee fish out of that river when its about 1-2ft visibility. Atleast you hooked up though.

Site Admin

Post Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:17 pm

Great job on the hook up! I was out for half the day and had a brief hook up in the park...what were you throwing today shift?
Site Administrator
Woodland Rivers
"Go W/ The Drift and Fish On!"

Post Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:41 am

Spawn and waxies!

Site Admin

Post Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:14 pm

The fishing with flies has been real slow....the water is up a bit from all the rain and has a decent stain again...fished today for about 2 hours with no such luck but the water stays wherebits at for one more day I feel confident that flies will work!
Site Administrator
Woodland Rivers

Post Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:05 pm

Kip you are speaking like a true fly fisherman! Die hard and you want to catch them how you want to fish, good for you! I am the same way on northern MI streams, but I dont fish the clinton much so I employ the cheating tactics of bait most the time. Good Luck next time out.

Site Admin

Post Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:17 pm

Thank you...maybe a wax worm pattern or double trouble will do the trick next time out!
Site Administrator
Woodland Rivers

Post Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:30 pm

Woodland Rivers wrote:Thank you...maybe a wax worm pattern or double trouble will do the trick next time out!

Mardi Gras style! Speaking of that, has anybody tried beads in the past couple weeks? The one time I tried a bead this season was a few weeks back in the midst of all that precip in mid/late December and only hooked one. Anybody braving the temps for the SOTR I wish you luck and wish I could be there but I'm working the next 3 days solid. Gonna try to be out Monday or Tuesday.

Return to Michigan Rivers Report